Friday, September 23, 2011

Anniversary Trip to Charleston, SC

I got a little ahead of myself already. No surprise there!

In May, Scott and I went on a weekend trip down to Charleston, SC to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary! We really enjoyed ourselves and enjoyed the food even more. Hands down, no questions asked, I had the BEST MEAL OF MY LIFE at Hank's Seafood Restaurant. BEST. EVER. Seriously. A day doesn't pass where I don't try to justify the 4+ hour car trip south to have their Shrimp Curry again. We also had some fabulous oysters and cocktails. Scott had their Shrimp and Grits. Even though it was our anniversary and we are supposed to be somewhat romantic, I think we spent the whole meal with our mouths full, pointing at our plates and nodding in foodgasmic pleasure. Pardon me while I drive to Charleston right now! Just thinking about it... mmm mmm good!

Although we ate at several other restaurants while we were there, it is not even fair to Hank's to list them in the same blog post. They were all fabulous as well but really, they just can't even come close to comparing to the food miracles that occur at Hank's restaurant.



at HANK's

Oysters!

Shrimp Curry. Best thing I ever ate!

Scott's shrimp & grits

Rooftop Bar @ Venue

Seeing an Improv show at Theater 99

No comments:

Post a Comment